March 30, 2020
Download today’s activity
Balls, Kite, Hoops and Nature Walk:
- Gather your Friends and Family for some outdoor fun!
- Bring balls, kites, baskets, tongs, and maybe some “Spy” coloured paddles.
- Take a nature walk. Gather natural Items with the tongs and place in Baskets. Be aware of each child and safe items to take.
- Observe nature; look up, down and all around. What can you see in the sky, on land, in the distance, on the river, beyond the river……
- Close your eyes. What do you hear?
- Go to the fields, throw and catch balls. Jump through hoop. Throw balls through hoop. Fly a kite or “Drag” it 😉
- Upon return, take a look at what we found. Discuss the items. Place item in a design shape maybe…….. Use items in art work, place on a science table, observe the items as the days pass. What happens to them? If flowers, place in water jars.
- Read Stories of Outdoor sports and other outdoor natural activities.
- If you do not have anything to bring that is fine too as Sticks, stones, leaves and other natural items can be used to play with.
- Make up games, could be just jumping, hopping, skipping etc.
- Enjoy what the Outdoors brings!