Family Drop-in Programs
The Family Drop-in program, our CORE program, is a parent-child interactive program for families with children 0-5. We provide support for families and caregivers and their children and are committed to fostering a healthy family and community life. It is grounded in the belief that positive parenting practices and healthy parent/child relationships are fundamental factors of a child development. This program is play-based learning using creative play and child-focused activities.
What to expect at a family drop-in:
- A child friendly environment with a wide variety of activities such as arts and crafts, puzzles, dramatic play, books, games.
- Daily circle time with reading and singing.
- Dental and vision check up for children
- Outdoor gated play area and access to a park nearby.
- Information on community resources and referral for adults
- Parent support and family counselling
- Multicultural events celebration for families
- Parenting skills workshops
- Lounge area for adults
- Coffee, tea and snacks
South Vancouver Family Place strives to ensure we take the necessary precautions to keep our families and children we serve safe and healthy. We will be adopting the health and safety protocols to flatten COVID19 curve.
How To Register for Family Drop-In
- All Families must complete the SVFP Participant Registration Form: online form (click here). If you need assistance with the online form, please ask the drop-in staff.
- Pay the annual $10 fee in person (you can bring your payment when you come to the Drop-in.
- Families will be contacted by email and assigned their POD/schedule. There are 5 families per POD.
We operate family drop -in programs in two locations:
South Vancouver Family Place Drop-in started in 1975. SVFP has been running the family drop-in program for over 43 years with funding from MCFD, City of Vancouver, Gaming, and donations from individuals and support from various community partners.
Fraserlands Family Drop-in opened in 2011 at the River District with initial funding from the United Way. Wesgroup Development presently provides the facilities; and funding from the City of Vancouver and Westminster Savings/Prospera Credit Union.
1. South Vancouver Family Drop-In
7710 Nanaimo Street
(Corner of 61st and Nanaimo Street)
Family Drop-in Schedule:
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Wednesdays and Fridays: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Mondays: Office and registered Parent Education programs only, no Family Drop-in.
2. Fraserlands Family Drop-In at RIVER DISTRICT
Fraserlands Family drop-in at River District will be an outdoor program every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Meeting Area for Fraserlands in covered shelter at Riverfront Park by the Yellow Playground and Washrooms!
Meeting Place – Riverfront Park
2750 East Kent Ave. S
Vancouver BC V5S 4V7
What Families say about our programs:
“South Vancouver Family Place social support chat online via zoom was a great experience today. There was laughter, ideas and awareness to issues happening in our community. You will only experience kindness and support.
Of course we physically miss being at SVFP but, this online opportunity is a tiny window back in time when we gathered around the kitchen and waited for the coffee pot to brew while SVFP staff and volunteers greeted you with a warm smile.
Missing the smiles?
Join one of the SVFP online programs, its it’s free and a fun experience. : ) Thank you to SVFP for this opportunity to connect : )” – Mandeesh A.
“I am so glad I found you. I wish I had known about you when I had my first child.” (Mom of 2 children)
“I don’t stress out so much about my baby anymore now that I can come here and talk to the other parents and staff about my concerns. It’s a relief to keep hearing that my baby is
“I can ask you guys about anything!”
“Thank you for being open until 2 pm somedays. It is a nice to have a quieter time to bring my child.
“My granddaughter has always loved your morning drop-in program, and really loves that she is in your preschool now.
“I am so glad that you are open until 2pm in the afternoon a couple of days a week, so she can do both.”
“Wow! I never imagined my child could do that! (a mom watching her child cutting the fruit during the morning food group)